Stratix 2500 Lightly Managed Switch
The Stratix® 2500 Lightly Managed Switch enables network connectivity in applications where traditional unmanaged switches lack the ability to provide network resiliency, diagnostics and security, allowing you to achieve higher productivity and network reliability.
The Stratix 2500 is offered in 5 and 8 10/100 Mbps fast Ethernet copper port versions in a compact design. Its consistent delivery and prioritization of traffic, on a per-port basis, helps ensure that the critical traffic is delivered end to end with priority.
It can be installed in the network in two ways. By using the default, “out-of the-box” installation, you can prioritize network traffic and commission the device faster. Configuring the switch allows you to enable security, resiliency and bandwidth optimization features needed for today’s industrial networks.
Features and Benefits
Premier Integration into the Integrated Architecture® System
- Add-on Profile for configuration via Studio 5000 Logix Designer® design environment and FactoryTalk® View Faceplate for diagnostics
Reduced Total Cost of Ownership:
- VLANs allow for logical segmentation in a single switch, which reduces total number of switches needed
Improve network resiliency:
- STP helps detect network loops and prevents them before the network stops
- IGMP enables multicast for data traffic control
Increase network security
- Port security allows users to disable ports, or control end device connectivity based on MAC address
- SSH and HTTPS provide secure connectivity
- SNMPv3 and Syslog monitor network-attached devices to uncover errors and decrease downtime
- Diagnostic information and alarm relay provide actionable information to resolve issues faster
Stratix 2500 Reference Chart